In Windows 7, mouse is still essential, with lots of new feature which takes advantage of mouse gesture, such as Aero Snap, Aero Peek, Aero Shake and etc. However, some users still prefer to use keyboard to use the Windows operating system.
For keyboard lover, Microsoft has added several keyboard shortcuts, hot keys or keyboard accelerators to make navigation and usage of Windows 7, especially the new Windows Aero snapping feature easier by using keyboard. Here’s a few keyboard shortcut keys or keyboard accelerators that new in Windows 7.
Windows + ↑ (Up Arrow) – Maximize window
Windows + ← (Left Arrow) – Snap window to left side covering half of desktop space. Continue pressing the keyboard shortcut will rotate the window between snap to left, snap to right and restore to normal position.
Windows + → (Right Arrow) – Snap window to right side covering half of desktop space. Continue pressing the keyboard shortcut will rotate the window between snap to left, snap to right and restore to normal position.
Windows + ↓ (Down Arrow) – Minimize the window. Restore to normal size and position if the window is currently maximized.
Windows + Home – Clear all but the active window.
Windows + Space – All windows become transparent so you can see through to the desktop.
Windows + Shift + ← (Left Arrow) – Move the active window to the adjacent monitor on the left for dual or multiple monitors setup.
Windows + Shift + → (Right Arrow) – Move the active window to the adjacent monitor on the right for dual or multiple monitors setup.
Windows + T – Show preview thumbnail of running applications in Windows Taskbar one by one without mouse over.
Windows + P – Adjust presentation options of the display on computer or projector.
Windows + + (Add) – Zoom in.
Windows + – (Minus or Dash) – Zoom out.
Shift + Click a Taskbar item: Open a new instance of that particular application.
Other popular or common keyboard hotkeys which are already been used in Windows Vista:
Windows + D – Show desktop and restore desktop (minimize or restore all windows).
Windows + M – Minimize all windows.
Windows + U – Open Ease of Access Center.
Windows + F – Search window.
Windows + G – Bring all gadgets on top and foreground.
Windows + X – Run Windows Mobility Center.
Windows + R – Open ‘Run’ command.
Windows + E – Run Windows Explorer.
Windows + L – Lock the computer.
Windows + Pause [Break] – Open System Properties.
Windows + [number] – Activate and run the program pinned on Windows 7 Taskbar, running program won’t be affected.
Windows + Tab – Windows Aero Task Switcher
F1 – Help
F3 – Search
Full complete listing of Windows 7 keyboard shortcuts are available.
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- McAfee Internet Security Free Download With 6-months Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15207 for Mobile – Here What’s Fixes and Improvement
- Cut the Rope: Magic Available for Free Download as Apple’s App of the Week – iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Zemana AntiLogger Free Download With Unlock Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 ISO Image Files Are Now Available to Download