The latest version of Google Chrome, Chrome 37, included the support of DirectWrite in order to improve text rendering and the looking of the fonts. Hardware-accelerated capable DirectWrite was designed by Microsoft as the text layout and glyph rendering API for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and future versions to replace GDI/GDI+ and Uniscribe for screen-oriented rendering.
However, depending on your system configuration, you may not experience the intended consequences of implementing DirectWrite. Some users have complained about blunt, blurry, ugly or unreadable font display, or uneven spacing between characters.
If you’re facing font rending issue after upgrading to Chrome 37 or newer version, you can try to disable DirectWrite support in Chrome.
How to Disable and Turn Off DirectWrite Support in Google Chrome
- In Chrome address bar, type
chrome://flags/and hit Enter.
- Locate the title heading Disable DirectWrite.
- Click on the Enable link below it.
- Restart Chrome web browser.
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- PDF Compressor Pro Free Download With Genuine License Key for Compress PDF Files & Reduce PDF File Size
- PhotoDirector 7 Deluxe Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key Code
- Now everyone can use Messenger without Facebook account
- How To Reduce The Size Of Microsoft Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost file)