Hotmail (also known as Windows Live Hotmail or MSN Hotmail) used to be able to add the email account to Microsoft Outlook by using HTTP connection method. However, the ordinary HTTP Hotmail account access method no longer work, and Hotmail user requires to sign up for paid Hotmail Plus subscription service. If the user attempts to setup Outlook to connect to Hotmail HTTP server, the following error messages may occur.
Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at http://join.msn.com/general/Email
Or, more simply, the user name and password credentials simply does not work, with Outlook keeps prompting user to enter a correct password, although the password entered is already valid.
The workaround to access Hotmail from Outlook is to use Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, which Microsoft provides for free, and available for free download via Microsoft Download Center or as part of Windows Live Essentials pack.
Using Microsoft Office Outlook Connector to sync between Windows Live Hotmail account and Outlook provides several advantages over HTTP or POP3 connection, as the connector also allows user to access and manage Hotmail account including e-mail messages, contacts and calendars from within Outlook. In Outlook, user can apply Junk Mail filter, rules, alerts, macros and etc. to the synced mail messages.
To use Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, download and install OutlookConnector.exe.
After installing, start Microsoft Outlook, and Outlook Connector will prompt user to enter Hotmail email address, password and sender name to tag with outgoing email. Once the information is entered, a new Hotmail folder will be added to the Outlook’s Mail Folders tree. Expand the Hotmail node to access Inbox, Drafts, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and etc. In Calender and Contacts, there will be new addition of calendar and contacts in Hotmail address too.
To sync the email in Hotmail and Outlook, just click on Send/Receive button, or it will automatically receiving and sending email based on the preset interval. It’s also possible to use and access multiple Windows Live Hotmail or MSN Hotmail account with Microsoft Outlook Connector. To do so, click on Outlook Connector pull down menu on the menu bar, and then select Add a New Account.
Microsoft Outlook Office Connector only support Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Outlook 2007. For others email client, Hotmail is adding POP3 and SMTP support to allow retrieving of email via POP3 protocol.
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- McAfee Internet Security Free Download With 6-months Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15207 for Mobile – Here What’s Fixes and Improvement
- Cut the Rope: Magic Available for Free Download as Apple’s App of the Week – iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Zemana AntiLogger Free Download With Unlock Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 ISO Image Files Are Now Available to Download