HTC latest masterpieces, HTC Hero, packs with the most coveted features in the modern mobile world, including powered by Google’s famous Android operating system. However, many user who are running Windows 7 (either 64-bit or the 32-bit version) are having some trouble sync-ing their Hero to their computer, as the driver is not installed properly in Windows 7. This seems to be a common problem. Luckily there is workaround and alternative sync method, by following guide below.
In order to get HTC Hero synchronizes with Windows 7 computer:
- Download latest specialized sync tool from HTC, namely HTC Sync 2.04 from HTC: HTCsync.zip
- Install the downloaded program on the computer. At this moment, your computer still unable to recognize the HTC Hero.
- Manually update the HTC drivers from Windows 7, using the Windows Vista drivers by installing HTC Sync software on a machine running Windows Vista and then copying the drivers (namely androidusb.cat, androidusb.inf, androidusb.sys, htcrndis.cat, htcrndis.inf and WdfCoInstaller01007.dll in HTC Drivers folder) over to the Windows 7 machine.
Alternatively, download pre-downloaded HTC Hero drivers packaged in ZIP format:
- Extract the driver into a folder. For example, %SystemDrive%:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x64 (for the Windows 7 64-bit) or %SystemDrive%:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x86 (for the Windows 7 32-bit) accordingly.
- Go to Devices
4) Update the driver (accessible from Properties -> Hardware tab) for incorrectly installed Android Phone from the Devices and Printers menu in Windows’ Start Menu, by selecting the copied driver location. If no ADB driver been installed yet, just install the driver directly by right click on the .INF file and select Install.
- The HTC Hero phone should now displayed as “My HTC”, and will be able to sync with Windows 7.
Note: Newer version of HTC Sync, such as HTC Sync 2.0.33 (download htc_sync_2.0.33.exe) should work properly in Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), and Windows XP (Service Pack 2 and 3).
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- Microsoft Office 2016 July Feature Update 16.0.7167.2015 To Insider
- Aiseesoft MXF Converter Free Full Version With Genuine License Key Code
- WonderFox Mega Summer Software Giveaway – Free 14 Premium Full Version Software Worth $860 With Genuine License Serial Code [Ashampoo Photo Commander 12, Wise Care 365 Pro, Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro, PowerArchiver 2015, PD Howler 9.6, DoYourData Recovery Pro]
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393.3 Released To the Fast ring and Slow ring Insider for PC and Mobile – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14388 and Build 14390 Rolling Out to Fast Ring and Slow Ring Insiders for PC and Mobile