HTC latest masterpieces, HTC Hero, packs with the most coveted features in the modern mobile world, including powered by Google’s famous Android operating system. However, many user who are running Windows 7 (either 64-bit or the 32-bit version) are having some trouble sync-ing their Hero to their computer, as the driver is not installed properly in Windows 7. This seems to be a common problem. Luckily there is workaround and alternative sync method, by following guide below.
In order to get HTC Hero synchronizes with Windows 7 computer:
- Download latest specialized sync tool from HTC, namely HTC Sync 2.04 from HTC: HTCsync.zip
- Install the downloaded program on the computer. At this moment, your computer still unable to recognize the HTC Hero.
- Manually update the HTC drivers from Windows 7, using the Windows Vista drivers by installing HTC Sync software on a machine running Windows Vista and then copying the drivers (namely androidusb.cat, androidusb.inf, androidusb.sys, htcrndis.cat, htcrndis.inf and WdfCoInstaller01007.dll in HTC Drivers folder) over to the Windows 7 machine.
Alternatively, download pre-downloaded HTC Hero drivers packaged in ZIP format:
- Extract the driver into a folder. For example, %SystemDrive%:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x64 (for the Windows 7 64-bit) or %SystemDrive%:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x86 (for the Windows 7 32-bit) accordingly.
- Go to Devices
4) Update the driver (accessible from Properties -> Hardware tab) for incorrectly installed Android Phone from the Devices and Printers menu in Windows’ Start Menu, by selecting the copied driver location. If no ADB driver been installed yet, just install the driver directly by right click on the .INF file and select Install.
- The HTC Hero phone should now displayed as “My HTC”, and will be able to sync with Windows 7.
Note: Newer version of HTC Sync, such as HTC Sync 2.0.33 (download htc_sync_2.0.33.exe) should work properly in Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), and Windows XP (Service Pack 2 and 3).
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 14342 Released – Here’s What’s New, Fixed, and Known Issues
- 20 Keyboard Shortcuts In WhatsApp Web for Everyone
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 ISO Images Direct Download Links
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 What’s New, Fixed, and Known issues for PCs
- Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book Latest New Firmware Updates