Google Chrome has a built-in DNS pre-fetching mechanism which intends to improve page load performance. However, the feature has known to work to the contrary effects. With DNS prefetching enabled, users of Google Chrome may experience prolong or extended period of web browsing resolving the DNS name, with the following text displayed in status bar:
Besides, Google Chrome also may not, cannot or unable to load some web pages, leaving the web pages in blank and white without any text, or the following error message is displayed:
This webpage is not available.
The webpage at http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-window-borders-blur-in-windows-7/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Clicking on the “more information on this error” will display the following technical details:
Below is the original error message
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found.
The error normally goes away after a refresh button click or F5 button click. However, some users may need to close Google Chrome, run Internet Explorer browser and then restart Google Chrome web browser to fix and resolve the issue.
The problem is caused by unreliable implementation of DNS caching or prefetching in Google Chrome web browser, or buggy coding of Google Chrome’s network I/O (input output) stack.
As a result, turning off and disable DNS pre-fetching may actually solve and fix many web page not loading issue in Google Chrome. Here’s how to disable and turn of DNS prefetching in Google Chrome.
- In Google Chrome, click on Tools menu (a little wrench icon), then go to Options.
- Click on the Under the Hood tab.
- Under “Privacy” section, untick the check box for Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance.
- Click on the Close button.
- Refresh to reload the web page.
- How To Change Windows 8.1 Account Profile Picture
- Casio Exilim EX-FR10 Selfies Camera For Versatile Shots
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-KW11 Selfie Camera With Stylish Elegance Perfume Bottle Shape
- Hyperlapse From Instagram Capture High-Quality Time Lapse Videos
- Grammar Nazi Helps Learn Proper English While You Read On Android