In order to ensure greater security and reliability of Windows operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, a lot of system files have been assigned and granted ownership and full control permissions to TrustedInstaller and has special restricted permissions to all other users, including administrators. While the design makes accidental deletion or change to system files, it makes job of technical users harder though.
Manually take ownership and grant full control permissions of the files (including executables) and folders to administrators or other users or groups are messy multiple steps process in Windows. There are multiple ways to make grant full control permissions and ownership to administrators easier, such as using Take Control Of command script or manually issue takeown and icacls commands in Command Prompt window. It’s also possible to add a right click menu item to contextual menu that appears when user right clicks on files and folders, that automatically take full control and ownership of the selected files or folders as administrators.
In order to add a “Grant Admin Full Control” command to Windows right click menu, just download the following registry registration entries file, and double click on the GrantAdminFullControl.reg to merge new registry keys and values to system. The registry entries have been updated from previous version. It works on both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) OS and is non-recursive.
Tip: It’s possible to change “Grant Admin Full Control” to any name you like if it’s not to your liking. To change the name on the right click menu, just edit the .reg file, and replace the three Grant Admin Full Control string in the text file to your prefer name, such as Take Full Control Permissions, Grant Administrators Full Permissions, Give Administrators Full Control, Grant Administrator Rights and etc.
Update: Related articles have been updated and consolidated as How to Take Ownership and Gain Full Control Permissions in Windows
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- Microsoft Office 2016 July Feature Update 16.0.7167.2015 To Insider
- Aiseesoft MXF Converter Free Full Version With Genuine License Key Code
- WonderFox Mega Summer Software Giveaway – Free 14 Premium Full Version Software Worth $860 With Genuine License Serial Code [Ashampoo Photo Commander 12, Wise Care 365 Pro, Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro, PowerArchiver 2015, PD Howler 9.6, DoYourData Recovery Pro]
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393.3 Released To the Fast ring and Slow ring Insider for PC and Mobile – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14388 and Build 14390 Rolling Out to Fast Ring and Slow Ring Insiders for PC and Mobile