GetASFStream is a video recording and downloading program that let user record, rip and save the Windows Media ASF, ASX, WVX, WAX, WMV and WMA format streaming audio or video into a copy of video or audio media file on local PC. ASF or similar stream is normally used for live webcast or video-on-demand (VOD), radio stations, TV shows or movies broadcast, and other media delivery service. It’s possible to watch video stream or audio stream directly Windows Media Player, however, viewer cannot save a copy of video or audio media locally.
Best of all, GetASFStream is a freeware, and available for free download. GetASFStream can handle HTTP, MMS, RTSP (MS) Windows Media protocols. It also supports next generation TCP/IP protocol, IPv6, and allows user to set a custom user agent to used, such as Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1); Windows-Media-Player/10.00.00.4019; NSPlayer/10.0.0.3650; Winamp NSV Player/5.12 (ultravox/2.0); WinampMPEG/5.21 and MidRadio/220.127.116.11(YAMAHA) Win(ja). GetASFStream can also monitor Windows Clipboard to capture any URL copied to automatically start downloading the video stream.
GetASFStream is developed by Japanese programmers, so the original application user interface (UI) is in Japanese. However, an English UI has been added to GetASFStream by the developer.
Download GetASFStream Version 18.104.22.168d4: getasfstream2206d4.exe
Future versions and updates can be found at tetora.orz.ne.jp (Babelfish Translated Version)
How to Use GetASFStream to Record and Save Streaming Media
After installing GetASFStream, run the GetASFStream. The GetASFStream program window will open.
On copying an streaming video URL into memory (Clipboard), GetASFStream will automatically detect the new URL and open a “URL REGIST” dialog box. Alternatively, just click on URL button to open the “URL REGIST” dialog box. Click on ADD button to download, record and save the video or audio streamed by the URL. Other configuration settings to bypass streaming source that restricted media to certain user agent, referrer or cookie are also available.
Once the URL is added to GetASFStream job list, click on RED (Record) button to start streaming. A program bar will show the actual downloading status. The file will be saved with ASF or WMV file extension in the C:\Program Files\GetASFStream\root folder. You can click on Open Folder icon to open the location in Windows Explorer, or Play icon to playback the file downloaded on PC. If you’re having problem with streaming, click on WMP button to try stream the URL in Windows Media Player.
- Windows 8.1 Update Official Downloads (KB2919355 on Microsoft Download Center)
- Start Menu to Return to Windows 8.1
- How to Check if Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora Redhat, CentOS) is 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 Update Package & ISO Downloads on MSDN/TechNet & Windows Update
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for iPad Free Download
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Official ISO Images (180 Days Free Trial Download)
- PicMonkey: Free Online Photo Editor
- How To Wireless Transfer Photos & Videos from & to PC, iOS device (iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) , Android & favourite cloud service
- 2048 Number Puzzle Game Free Download With Tips and Tricks
- Microsoft Office Mobile Now Completely Free for iPhone and Android