With the availability of video sharing sites like YouTube, Metacafe, Google Videos, Myspace, Blip.tv, Faltu.tv, Dailymotion, etc, users can easily find some good and relevant video clips or music files for their work, leisure or other purposes. Many users especially the non-tech savvy type always have problems to download the video clips or music they find from these video sharing sites. They might think it is quite complicated and need a lot of IT know-how to download the videos they find. If you are one of them, there are some Firefox add-ons you could probably download and install to your Firefox browser. With these add-ons, you can easily download videos and music with just a few clicks away.
One of the popular Firefox add-ons which allows users to download video clips from video sharing sites is Video Download Helper. With this app added to your Firefox, users can easily download any video from any site. Once the download tool is installed, there will be a small icon added in the browser’s tool bar. When users surf the web and find a favorite video clip, let’s say in YouTube, users can go directly to the particular YouTube site. Users will thence click on to the DownloadHelper icon in the toolbar and DownloadHelper will detect the video clip from YouTube and download it automatically. The process is pretty simple and straightforward. After the downloading process is completed, users can thence double click to open and play the video. This download helper also allows users to set up the extension to automatically convert the downloaded movies to your preferred video format Let’s watch the video below showing how to download videos from any website in Firefox.
DownloadHelper has recently released its latest DownloadHelper 4.3 and users can download it via the link here.
Besides DownloadHelper, another useful Firefox add-on which features quite similar functions is NetvideoHunter. The working principle for NetvideoHunter is about the same with DownloadHelper. Once it is installed, users can find a small blue button added at the right bottom of the Firefox browser Windows.
When users find an interesting video or music file on a particular video sharing site, click on to the small icon. The NetVideoHunter will thence capture the videolink and a small Windows will be prompted. Users can choose to click the “Play” button to watch the video or “Download” to download the video.
Users can download the latest NetVideoHunter Firefox Add-on via the link here. Let’s watch the demo below showing how to use NetVideoHunter to download video:
Both DownloadHelper and NetVideoHunter Firefox add-on support almost all the video sharing websites such as Google Video, YouTube, Metcafe, Myspace, Dailymotion, and etc.
- Microsoft China Tweeted Windows 9 is Coming Soon with Logo
- How to Disable DirectWrite in Google Chrome > Version 37
- How to Fix All Caps Upper Case Menu of Visual Studio 2012 & 2013
- Download 64-bit Chrome Web Browser 37 with DirectWrite Support
- Windows 9 Upgrade Is Free for Some Windows 8.1 or At Just $20
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II With 20.2-megapixel and 65-point Autofocus Starting Price $1,799
- Panasonic LX100 Largest Sensors Ultra-compact Camera
- Google First Ultra-Cheap Android One smartphones With Spice, Micromax, Karbonn
- Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro First Selfie 64-bit Android-based Smartphones
- How To Pre-order iPhone 6 Or iPhone 6 Plus From Retailer Details (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T)